AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what's decided: I will be buying a Proceed HPA3 amp for the front three channels (speakers = Revel Gems + Voice).

Here's what's undecided: I need another multichannel amp for rear speakers (Paradigm in-walls with 8 inch woofer) + second zone, also two Paradigm in-wall speakers.

So I need four additional channels of amplification. What are my options?? I've never heard of a 4-channel amp. I could buy two 2 channel amps or a 5 channel amp.

Any suggestions?

I'm willing to spend around 1 to 1.5K. Given that I'll be using this for in-wall speakers, power is not a major concern, but I really want this amp to be good quality and QUIET.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions...

TMG

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
ATI AT1504. 150W x 4 channels. I know you said power isn't an issue, but if it eventually is an issue, this amp is bridgeable to 450W x 2 channels if you need in the future. The other amp I would recommend is the Madrigal Citation 7.1 another 4 channel amp again bridgeable into 2. I think the Citation may be discontinued so you'd need to shop audiogon or eBay to find one. Both are very high quality 4 channel amps.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Outlaw 755. 200W x 5 channels. $1,299 + shipping...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Or, you could "undecide" and buy an Outlaw 770. 200W x 7 channels. $1,799 + shipping...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.