AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I am wondering how multipath shows up on the HDTV STB's (the HD-100 for instance http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif ). I have one of two stations here in Orlando that I can not get stable. Both TV stations (OTA) are at 97 or above, but one of them drops out quite frequently (both visibly and on the signal strength meter). I have heard there may be a problem at the station (read this here). Both stations are about 10 miles from my house but only one has a problem. I have tried several antennas, attenuators etc.

SO my real question is - does multipath show up like this, or is there some way one can tell if the reception problem is multipath, or other... It does not sound like the "CBS issue" for me... Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm not an expert, but if you are 10 miles away, it sounds like a multipath problem Have you tried an indoor directional antenna like the Silver Sensor. It works like a charm for me here in NYC.

-Brett

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried a couple of directional antennas, but not the Silver Sensor. I was wanting to get some info before I bought more antennas. Funny thing is, they are both located in similar locations, but only one shows the problem (of course if they were on the same tower it would be easier to tell). I'm also not sure which antenna would be the most directional (I can actually aim one of the directionals I have in several directions and pick up signal - and still it seems only the one channel has a problem http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif ) Thanks...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Joe,

WFTV has a problem at the station according to the threads on this forum. I receive WOFL fine but WFTV has drop outs. I don't think the problem is at your end. I have the Mits STB.

------------------

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.