AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have both a Dish 6000 and a couple of Panasonic HD tuners and both an LT-150 and a G15 to play with so I belive I have identified this problem and where its coming from. Now how do I resolve it?

The issue is, when I switch component inputs on either projector from one source to another the picture changes SUBSTANTIALLY! The component input from my 6000 looks one way as far as saturation, highlights, meaning the brightest portion of the picture, and detail on both projectors and when I switch in this case to EITHER ONE of my Panasonic tuners the picture looks bad comparatively showing a bit of smearing, VERY saturated colors, and what can best be called a blooming of the whites.

This seems to be caused by one signal to be "hotter" than the other and apparently many projectors have the same problem according to my conversations with other forum members.

Now, I don't feel like buying some elaborate piece of gear that basically has a pot affair on each line if they were even made that way nor do I want the signal "messed with" prior to it getting to that stage.

Does anyone have an idea who might make a simple unit that can be placed on each source to adjust the output without introducing all sorts of problems or does anyone have any ideas about a Rube Goldberg affair that will answer this problem? This most likely might be best done via a pot or something on each of the R B and G lines.

I'm simply afraid of how this could fool with the resolution as I am hardly an electronics expert.

Ideas or a solution?

Thanks Much!

I will be crossposting this on other forum sections hoping a KBK has a brilliant and hopefully quick and dirty fix.

Larry

------------------

DFAST is EVIL! BOYCOTT ANTI-CONSUMER 5C/DVI/HDCP/DMCA MANUFACTURERS!

Join Electronic Freedom Foundation
http://www.eff.org/

·
Registered
599 Posts
Why do you need the Panasonic tuners? Do you have recorded material? I guess you do, but if you don't, why not ditch the tuners and get the OTA module for the 6000?

Or, get a Dish 5000 with HD modulator and ditch either the Panasonic or the Dish 6000 (I forget which one would apply here, if at all).

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a viable solution. I have two cars but I may not drive them at the same time but each has a particular purpose.

The 5000 with modulator doesn't put out component video unless you use HD tuner to go along with it.

Yes I have a HD1000 as well. No component out on that either.

Larry

------------------

DFAST is EVIL! BOYCOTT ANTI-CONSUMER 5C/DVI/HDCP/DMCA MANUFACTURERS!

Join Electronic Freedom Foundation http://www.eff.org/

[This message has been edited by videohot (edited 08-15-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.