AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with multiple component cables and using a switcher.

Here is my setup:

Pioneer 43 inch Plasma with 1 HDMI input ( DVR /Cable box)

1 Component input ( currently either PS2 or DVD)

DVR with HDMI output

Xbox with standard Output

PS2 with Component Output

DVD with Component output

Yamaha 5.1 (Tss-10) speaker with "reciever" box.

I am running the HDMI from the DVR (cable) to the TV and the Optical out on the DVR to the Speakers.

I am running either the Component from the DVD or the PS2 and the corresponding opticals to teh speaker depending on what I am watching.

I want to buy a switcher, but have no idea what to look for . The only one that could handle what I am looking is the JVC JXS 555 which will only give me 2 optical inputs (but 3 component inputs).

Any suggestions/ opinions?

Cheers,

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just went through a similar decision making process with my new HT. Basically I have 3 component video sources: DVD, HD-PVR and an Xbox and need a fourth for an Xbox360 in November. I did bit of research and there are a number of solutions out there that are resonably priced. I ended up with a Cables-To-Go-Impact Acoustics matrix switch that has 4 inputs and 2 outputs. In hindsight, their 3-to-1 would have met my needs plus added optical switching for the half the price. However, I'm very happy with it and have not had any negative issues. The 3-to-1 can be had for under 75USD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.