AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using a HK 990 Integrated amp and a HD990 cd player I plan on doing the following:

Compare optical, coax, and HRS link in the digital domain.

Compare Balanced and unbalanced connection.

I plan on assigning

CD input to HRS link----------Balanced The 990 only allows for HRS-link and Balanced inputs to be assigned to the CD input
Tuner>optical
CDR>Coax
Tape>Unbalanced

I should be able to have the cd playing and switch my source on the Int amp which would switch my connection and with a slight delay evaluate any differences.

This is for my curiosity only, I'm not doing it for debate, and I'm by far not an expert. Just want to compare and learn first hand.

Is there anything I should consider in the process? Since it's the same cd player, the same amp, in the same room I would think if the gain on all are set to the same I should be able to hear any differences.

I am open to suggestions, I won't start messing around until Tuesday. I got it all hooked up today before the family got home and won't have any time until Tuesday so I'm hoping I could get any suggestions or input.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looking forward to your results.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Any suggestions? I'm assuming I need to level match all the sources so that say -30 on the HK volume is the same db in my seat no matter what source I am switching to. Anything else I need to consider, or a different method?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts