AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching on the forums and couldn't find an answer. But is there a multi-format music ripping and tagging software that someone could recommend?

I have one for my mac, but I'm looking for a windows equivalent. Basically needs the abilities to:
  1. Rip to multiple formats at the same time (FLAC, AAC, MP3, Apple lossless)
  2. Tagg all the songs with artist info (Album cover, artist name, year, and etc)
  3. Output the ripped/encoded files in a easy file structure (ie: Flac\\Artist\\Album\\Songs*, not required but preferred to have for simplicity)

Right now on Windows I primarily use Winamp to listen to my tunes. I do not need the software to be able to be a jukebox, but if it is, that's fine. I'd prefer something free, but if it works and its decent software, I don't mind paying for it as long as it doesn't take me to the cleaners.

I appreciate the suggestions in advance!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
J. River Media Center will do all of that, as well as handle your other media too. It was primarily an audio player and organiser, but has recently done some amazing things with video, making it the install-and-forget-it-just-works player for high quality direct-show playback too. It costs about or under $50, but the price is worth it in my opinion, because the developers update the program constantly, listening carefully to user requests, feedback and the occasional bug report too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have a look into EAC in conjunction with REACT - it might look a little intimidating at first to the uninitiated, but it's not as complicated as it looks and there are plenty of good guides around if you google for them.

The price of $0 is very reasonable as well.

edit: it seem I can't post a link yet, so the URL is: wiki(DOT)hydrogenaudio(DOT)org(SLASH)index.php?title=REACT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts