AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and been looking for a method to enhance my current HDTV setup. I'm a DirectTV subscriber and I'd like to add 8 channel inputs to a single output so that I could choose one of the 8 and go to that channel. Basically trying to turn the "Guide" text into a visual grid of what's on now. Does anyone have any suggestions (H/W or S/W) to accomplish this?

TIA!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would think this is highly unlikely to be accomplished. Unless your tv can display 8 sources on 1 input, which I highly doubt. You would of course need at least 8 tuners as well. My guess would be that if you do not know how to do this already, that learning how to do so on a forum would likely be impossible.

Sounds like a cool idea though and maybe there is something out there. If there was I'd like to hear about it as well. Good luck

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Seems like I've seen at least one listing service that lets you make your own, custom, program guide from various elements...Cable, OTA, satellite, etc.

I remember playing with it, using my local OTA stations, with some program info that was available for the satellite fed stations that were available via FTA sat.

It would be something you'd have to look at the computer for, not right on the TV screen, but it might work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.