AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, most sets seem to have only one HDMI or DVI input. Both the Hitachi 815 and the Sono KDF 60XS955 have two such inputs.

Here's my question - in the near future with HD DVD coming how important will it be to have two HDMI inputs

One for cable/satellite and one for the HD DVD.

What is the current thought on this?

Ron

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ronaldk988
Hi, most sets seem to have only one HDMI or DVI input. Both the Hitachi 815 and the Sono KDF 60XS955 have two such inputs.

Here's my question - in the near future with HD DVD coming how important will it be to have two HDMI inputs

One for cable/satellite and one for the HD DVD.

What is the current thought on this?

Ron
You can buy an HDMI switcher for $200-$250 which will allow you to plug multiple devices into one display.

A/V receivers will also have HDMI switching capability (some out now, like the Denon 5805, have it now, but are very expensive. Should trickle down to more affordable receivers in next year's models).

· Registered
32,174 Posts
"Should trickle down to more affordable receivers in next year's models"

Probably not in a hugely meaningful way until 2006.

· Registered
9 Posts
Here's my take on it.

60xs955 comes with HDMI input 7 with audio in, and HDMI input 8.

HDMI supposedly allows the audio signal to be carried via the cable.

input 7 can be used with cable boxes, dvd players (upscaling ones like Samsung and Sony), HD-PVR, etc.

input 8 can be used with DVI-HDMI cable the computer, or any of the AV components (same devices used by input 7) that output video along with audio using just the HDMI.

It is conceivable that the blu-ray players next year will have HDMI outputs as well.

· Registered
32,174 Posts
"

It is conceivable that the blu-ray players next year will have HDMI outputs as well."

Conceivable? Try guaranteed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.