AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I could go digging through/for my lost manual. When configuring multiple inputs on the 5040, do these inputs coexist. Here is my situation, or at least what I want to do. My cable co. doesn't look like there will ever offer HD. So I have at least thought about Satelite. Can I run input on Sat and the other on basic cable(for the locals since my antenea doesn't do a good job) and have the beauty of the guide showing both the cable and sat guides at once?

I would really like to somehow have the RTV show HD content one day but maybe there is some other alterntenative that I am not aware of. The key is have both Locals and Sat through one box without having to alternate inputs since I want to record from both at any given time.

Thanks for any ideas or recommendations....or just plain good advice.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Your setup is common, and it's about as easy as you'd expect except your cable channels will be in the 1000+ range.

The manuals are available on the faq site.

The setup you describe is talked about a lot. Try searching for 1000 and that might help you find some threads.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes, I've got two inputs on one Replay, although I'm using RF feed for basic cable and the cable box only for 100 and above. The basic cable got renumbered from 1-99 to 1001-1099. I deleted channels 1-99 from the cable box input so now if I set a theme channel for The Daily Show on Comedy Central, it'll only record it from the RF in on channel 1069, because I deleted channel 69. You don't need to delete duplicates if you don't care which input your Replay uses, but you'll probably find that one input gives you a slightly better picture, and then you can delete the identical channel from the other input to be sure to always get the better picture. I deleted the duplicates from the cable box inputs so I could use the box to watch HD channels whenever I'm recording off of basic cable.

Or you can just leave them all. Won't hurt anything, I guess.

RTFM :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.