AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can have multiple libraries in WMP9? For instance in one player launch can I segment my music collection from another users music collection. Right now, the only way I can see accomplishing this is to log off and log on as another user to access a different library.

If WMP can not do this, does anyone know of a player that can handle multiple libraries?

thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, yes and no. You can tell WMP to look in multiple locations (libraries) at the same time in the options menu but all of them are consolodated into a single list.

For example, I have 3 PC's. Mine, the woman's and the kids. I configured WMP on my system to use the My Music folders on my system, her system (shared folder) and the kids system (also shared folder). I can see and play any song from any one of the systems while logged on to my account on my system but I can't tell which system the song actually resides on.

Tools\\Options\\Media Library tab\\Monitor Folders button. Enter UNC pathnames for the shared network folders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.