AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a MCE setup with dual tuners, one normal, and one HD. Everything is working out great, I couldn't be happier. I'm also using my Xbox as the media extender. The only issue is that Xbox won't playback anything recorded from my HD tuner. It only plays back TV recorded on the analog tuner.

If I buy another MCE PC or laptop, can I share the DTV programs between the two? I've done a few google searches, but cannot seem to find anything on how well multiple MCE pcs in a network play together, if at all.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yes, you can watch HD recordings from another MCE PC. I've watched HD recordings from a lowly 1Ghz with a Geforce 5200 PCI card.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you wait a couple more months the xbox 360 should be able to stream all your hidef content, and at only 299 alot cheaper than a new pc and the added gaming features.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Kaps,

You'll need to get the $399 version of the Xbox 360 to make it work.

At least that's what they're saying the difference between the Premium and the Basic systems are for.

The current Xbox can't send HD or DD through the line. You can add another computer to the mix and stream the saved content.

·
Registered
74 Posts
From what I read the all version come with the mce extender built in. for 399 the add a component or dvi hd cable, the remote control, a wireless controller and a hard drive. So for $299 it is pretty stripped down but I am pretty sure it has the extender functionality built in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.