AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HTPC set up with two TVs(Same image at the same time). My big TV in the entertainment room supports 24p and the smaller Kitchen TV doesn't. both support 1080p/60.

What I would LIKE to do is set up the entertainment room TV to use 1080p/24 and the kitchen at 1080p/60. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. Has anybody does this before? Do I need separate video cards for each monitor? Right now I'm using one card with two DVI outputs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HTPC:

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0

4 Gigs Ram

Video card ATI Radeon 3850 Dual DVI

Windows XP

Media Portal as my front end/Media Player

My two TVs are a Panasonic TH46PZ80 and a Sharp LC32D62U input through HDMI

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Does your big TV support 120Hz refresh and also the ability to select 5:5 pulldown when receiving 1080p/24 to eliminate judder?

If not the TV will just upscale your 1080p/24 to 1080p/60 which is the native resoloution and refresh rate of your TV.

If not there is not any real benefit to sending it 1080p/24 when playing Blu Ray DVDs since all other movement on your desktop such as cursor movement will be slower then normal.

·
Registered
864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMRoach /forum/post/15543056

On my TV Box is said it supports 480hz but I can't find anything about 5:5 pulldown.

is the tv a plasma(maybe Panasonic) if so then it's internal refresh and has nothing to do with it accepting 24/48/120 hz

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah ok well its a Plasma Panasonic so never mind about the refresh rate.

I have other reasons besides the refresh rates. I would like the resolution for the Kitchen TV to be different than the Big TV. I have to run the PC in Clone mode so I can get the same image on both TVs(Media portal on both). Is there any way to do that?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any advice then on how to run a front end(I.E. Media Portal) on two screens different resolutions without using clone mode?

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
At the san time or at different times.

If at different times just have a Icon for the application on both the primary and secondary displays by copying the Icon from the primary to the secondary.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They don't "need" to be at the same time, but using a mouse to double click an icon is acceptable. Both of these TVs are controlled with Harmony Remotes as if it is a regular TV. It's geared towards non-techy people who can turn it on and watch entire collections of videos or pause/record live TV.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
It's possible to run the same resolution with different refresh rates in clone mode. I'm running a monitor using 1080p @ 60Hz over DVI while driving my analog projector with a 1080i (30Hz) signal.

Results may vary with video cards and drivers, but my Nvidia 8600GT does work fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts