AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a samsung that has pip my satellite also has pip which will work even if the tv doesnt have pip.

Every sunday I watch 3 nfl games live on my tv..I know there has to be a way where this can be expanded to 4 ,5 6 games live on 1 projector or tv...Because in canada one can watch 8 nhl games at the same time its something nhl does to make it happen on the bell satellite dish.

Does the nfl do something like that ? There has to be a way of watching multiple games live is there a program ,out there that can do this connecting a computer to your tv , certain "receiver" "hd box" special switches etc that can make this happen....Some magic projector etc ..

There has to be a way out there Hockey does it why not nfl......Anyone know how.

http://www.articlesbase.com/software...ne-543181.html

Does this makes sense above ?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,677 Posts
When you watch the 8 NHL games, you are watching 1 channel. All the processing is done at the origination of the channel.

In the states, DirecTV includes the NFL Game Mix Channel as past of the Sunday Ticket subscription, in HD.

You could do it yourself, but it would be very expensive. First, you'd need as many HD receivers (and dish feeds) as the number of games you want to watch at once. Second, you'd need a video processor that could input that number of games and output a single channel. Due to the advancement of computer processing capability, I'd be reluctant to guess at the cost of such a system these days, but probable over 5 figures.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
What is your provider, and if it's DirecTV do you have the Sunday Ticket?

I believe that they offer two "game-mix" channels that show 8 games each on the channel. Not sure if you can pick and choose which games show up in each of the 8 channels though...I don't think you can if I remember correctly.

EDIT: See Ken's post.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im willing to spend the money receivers are cheap and you can run I think 8 feeds on just 2 satellites.. Satellite is only $50 each receiver is only $100 bucks....

Dont know about the video processor. How much could this be and where can I find one.

My satellite provider is express vu ( bell canada)...

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper /forum/post/16906917

What is your provider...

Bell TV, Canada.

·
Registered
45,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeant /forum/post/16907230

Dont know about the video processor. How much could this be and where can I find one.

A quick check does not find any consumer units. That doesn't mean they don't exist, I just couldn't find any.

A professional video unit, the Vista Systems Spyder, configured for 7 HD inputs and one HD output, would be in the $60,000 range.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for looking that just would be too much...I dont know this service cant be subscribed to in canada...

Canadian cable and satellitle providers always complain why canadians get sat's from the states....Which I may I do in this case cause I love the nfl they do it for hockey why not for football......

Years ago I use to do this while I waited for years for canadian satellite and cable providers finally got nfl sunday ticket and now they say they will ook into it.

Question I have for you guys is does one need a telephone line hooked to get the sports package......

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeant /forum/post/16907653

Thanks for looking that just would be too much...I dont know this service cant be subscribed to in canada...

Canadian cable and satellitle providers always complain why canadians get sat's from the states....Which I may I do in this case cause I love the nfl they do it for hockey why not for football......

Years ago I use to do this while I waited for years for canadian satellite and cable providers finally got nfl sunday ticket and now they say they will ook into it.

Question I have for you guys is does one need a telephone line hooked to get the sports package......

No phone line needed. You will love Sunday ticket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.