AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for a box that will accept (and I guess it would have to convert the lower formats) composite, s-video, and component, and output it as TWO component video signals, one for my TV set and the other for the projector. I'll run a separate HDMI wire when I get a high-def source, so HDMI isn't needed. I should note that I don't need to use the TV and projector at the same time, so this is purely for convenience.

Failing that, would I risk equipment damage if I just used three of those passive RCA Y-cable things to get two outputs of the component signal?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
There are some video processors that will do this. But, the first question...what are the native resolutions of each display? I ask because a video processor will only output 1 at a time (even if split into 2 displays)...so if one is 1920x1080 and the other is 1024x768 (just an example)...this might present a problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TV is a 4x3 Sony Trinitron Wega (CRT). Projector is 1080p.

If I used those Y splitters, and always kept one or the other of the displays off, would that be safe? The standard splitter has one female end and two male ends.. so one male would go to the DVD player, the other to the TV.. the female would go to the long projector cable.

Edit: This is kinda like what I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/3-RGB-Componen...dp/B000RJJ0XW/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts