AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not even sure where to put this but I think this might be a good place to start.

I need to connect 5+ desktop computers that are already running 4-5 monitors each to a single 50" HDTV.

The scenario is we (my company) monitor surgeries remotely over IP. The room that this is done in is 24X7 and they want to be able to watch TV at night when things are slow. However, they also need to be able to move a monitored case that is on one of the local screens up to the big screen so everyone in the room can see it.

What I envision is another output from each video card to a KVM device, and a singe input to the tv from the KVM on one of the TV inputs. Use the cable input on the tv for the cable tv feed. When they want to put a surgery on the big screen they would select the appropriate channel on the kvm, and select the correct input on the tv, then move the image to the (large) screen.

Suggestions? I won't say that money is no object but I can find a chunk to do this right. I've kicked around thin clients with Citrix, RDP, and a couple others.

Thanks!

Judson

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Are the 4/5 displays per PC attached to DVI or HDMI graphics adapters? AND are all the images equal to or less than 2048x2048 resolution? If so, this application would work quite well with the HDMI over IP solution I've been explaining in some other threads. For discussion purposes, I'll assume you have 6 PC's, and each PC has 5 DVI/HDMI signals (30 total HDTV sources). You would need the following pieces:

2 X 48 port Managed Switches (I like the Ciscso 2960 48TT)

30 HDMI over IP Transmitters

31 HDMI over IP Receivers

You could use the HTTP interface to the managed switches to route the signals from any source to any display, including the "big screen". MSRP would be about $20K (excluding the CAT5 cables needed to hook it together). Send me a PM if you want to pin down the details.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nded,

Thanks for the reply. I did a little more looking after I posted this and I we are on about the same page. One difference though, I only need 1 monitor from each pc to go to the large panel. I found inline DVI to IP converters to send the signal. I can use a DVI to VGA switch with 8 ports out and that should do it.

All the signals are 1280x1024.

thanks,

Judson

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.