Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, here's my question:

I have a single oval dish with a sat-c kit installed. I have 3 receivers as follows:

Phillips DVR with two sat cables plugged in

a non-descript (ie: generic) philips receiver

a Toshiba HDTV STB (DST-3000)

I have just seen some posts about making sure only one receiver is set to oval-3 and something about voltage. I never knew anything about this, I have had all three receivers set to oval-3 since that's what I thought I had to have. In this configuration, I lost signal on the toshiba and Phillips generic receiver, but retained signal on the philips dvr. What's strange is it was all working for about a week, why would that be? I just changed the philips dvr and the generic philips to oval-2 and now the generic philips has signal again. I'm still not able to get signal on the toshiba, not sure why?

What's the rule for multiple receivers and an oval dish with a sat-c? BTW, I have a multiswitch, a pretty generic ChannelMaster that came with the dish. I'm pretty sure it's a 4X4 with the sat-c diplexed into one of the 119 sat's inputs.

Thanks for listening to me rambling and helping me to sort all of this out.

Regards

John

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As an update, I now discovered that I am receiving some signal on one and only one transponder, transponder 31 on the 119 bird has about 58 signal. It's not much, but it's a heartbeat, is there something special about that xponder? Is it possible that something with this voltage fried a relay or something inside the multiswitch or worse, the receiver?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.