AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have multiple receivers but only intend on watching one receiver at a time... What do you do? Do you have to pay for each receiver?

I am told the card marries to the receiver. Therefore you would not be able to take the card out and use it in another receiver or is this possible.

Want to get a HD receiver... but have two others in alternate rooms.

Would you have to pay the 10 dollars extra or can you just move your card around.

Thx

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Yeah, you would have to call D* (I know what they do... :) ) and tell them to connect up the card to the IRD each time. There's the other issue that the cards are not made for a lot of ins and outs (like a credit card gets). I think it even says that on the card or on the envelope.

These cards are made to be like the SIM cards in cell phones. They store info for the that unit, and are not made to switched many times.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it is 4.95 for each additional receiver per month whether you only can view one at a time or not? Yipes with 4 receivers and one more additional coming that can add up to quite a bit of coin.

·
Registered
930 Posts
You could try those RF transmitter, receiver jobs that come with a IR extender. this way all you need is one receiver to watch only one tv at a time. Put the transmitter by the STB and a RF receiver by each tv. I have never tried these but just thought it might work for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a single receiver that outputs via a coax splitter to 2 locations in my home. I use the a RF device to change channels from either room. Generally this works well as long you can stand old fashion coax resolution. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.