AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one tell whether multiple releases/packages of the same film are diferent transfers, or not.

For instance, I'm currently looking for "The Longest Day". At dvdpricesearch.com, I see two different products (one a Fox War Classic, the other not so labeled), plus a medley of war classics that also includes it. There doesn't seem to be any difference in bonus material (not very much, except the trailer). I'd guess that these are all the same transfer, but, what do I know?

Is the same transfer typically released in different formats? The individual product of "The Longest Day" is listed at Amazon.com as letterboxed. The medley, also at Amazon, is listed as anamorphic widescreen. Does that mean that the individual products and the bundled product are different?

In general, how does one determine whether different releases or packages of a film are same or different transfers or formats?

David Grove

·
Registered
278 Posts
The best place to figure this out is a DVD review website like DVDtalk or DVDauthority. They will discuss the video quality of different releases, or at least, the newest release and compare it to the old release.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.