AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently running two soundcards under Windows XP (an Echoaudio Gina 24/96 and a Soundblaster Audigy). I use my PC for both measurements (I like to design loudspeakers, thus the Gina24/96) and as a front end for my stereo playback (and yes, I’m using high quality separate preamp/amps with nice speakers, not PC stuff). I purchased the Audigy as the Gina was just incapable of working with games and other features in a stable manner. However, the Gina (IMHO) has superior sound quality when playing back CD’s etc.

Now, to the question. I can set the default audio device in the windows sound properties to be either one of these devices but changing back and forth is a bit of a hassle. I’d like to have the Audigy handle general windows duties (bleeps and blurps, games) while having the Gina do CD playback. I have found that some software products will allow you to select which sound device you wish to use (i.e., leave the global defaults with the Audigy, but use the Gina for the specific program). WinDVR, that I use for watching TV, and my audio measurement software (LSPLab) will allow for this. My question is, does anyone knows any media players/CD players that will allow for this as well? Or a hack for the windows media player? BTW, WinAmp sort of does this, and it works with MP3’s (playing them back over the gina) but when you try to play a CD, it reverts to using the Audigy. (Both cards are using digital extraction with no cables between cd/dvd and the soundcard (Gina does not have a internal digital input).

Alternatively, is their a shortcut method of reverting between the two soundcards with out having to bring up the windows audio devices panel, etc.?

I figure that with the many users of the Audiophile 24/96 perhaps some of those users have investigated dual soundcard support or might be helped by responses as well. Thanks again.

-Scott

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.