AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear friends.. I am using onkio basic model 5.1 system. I want to add more surround speakers like commercial theatre. what is the possible way to hook up extra left and right surround speakers.?

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Beyond the 5.1 that your receiver supports - there isn't. You need to upgrade to one that supports 7, 9, or 11 channels.

Reactions: Dr_Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm  /t/1525136/multiple-surround-speakers#post_24550768

Beyond the 5.1 that your receiver supports - there isn't. You need to upgrade to one that supports 7, 9, or 11 channels.
7.1 will add just 2 speakers in my back wall. I was thinking to spliy my 4th and 5th channels with additional pair of speakers.. In that way surround effect will cover for all the raws.. But I was wondering how can I do the setup with my existing 5.1 reciever and speakers

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanucalicut  /t/1525136/multiple-surround-speakers#post_24552194

7.1 will add just 2 speakers in my back wall. I was thinking to spliy my 4th and 5th channels with additional pair of speakers.. In that way surround effect will cover for all the raws.. But I was wondering how can I do the setup with my existing 5.1 reciever and speakers

Only if you don't value your speakers and receiver or both. Unfortunately it is not that easy to expand your channels even though most movies are 5.1 mixes which means your 7 channels result in 2 backs mirroring the side surrounds. As Dr. Mark mentioned above I would wait until the new receivers come out over the summer and fall. Dolby Atmos (or 3D sound) and HDMI 2.0 being a few reasons. Personally I run 7 with one sub - I would be just as happy with 5 and 2 subs. There are still not a lot of movies that have 7.1 mixes. Hopefully the coming tech changes will bring more in regards to our HT sound experience.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Higher end av amps/processors have 7 channel and up, and use a DSP to expand audio to that, ie for Lexicon you can apply Logic 7 to stereo sources to 7.1 It works very well.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbottom  /t/1525136/multiple-surround-speakers#post_24552457

Higher end av amps/processors have 7 channel and up, and use a DSP to expand audio to that, ie for Lexicon you can apply Logic 7 to stereo sources to 7.1 It works very well.

Cool, I bet he can use some better speakers too, most likely just jealous of yours

Start a thread on DSPs and expanded audio it will most likely be as entertaining as the all amps sound the same thread.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
What's your problem? I've used Logic 7 for years, even with mono material (old movies) it works very well. You could apply Logic 7 to Pro-Logic to get stereo side and surrounds, which at the time- DPL had mono surrounds. Pretty awesome.

As to the OP, buy a new AV amplifier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts