Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I currently have HTPC hooked up to a Samsung DLP with great results, using a MyHD MDP-120 (particularly great since the time-shifting software).

My wife informs me that this coming fall, we need to have the ability to record 3 shows simultaneously, given the Thursday night line-up she's interested in.

Thus, my need to put three cards in one box. I'm only interested in HDTV (or at least ATSC), so it seems like the Fusion and the MyHD are the way to go. As I understand it, you can't put two hardware-based cards together, but two Fusions will play ok together.

So, a few questions:

1) Will MyHD MDP-120 x1 and FusionHDTV5 x2 all coexist in one box happily and will they all be able to record simultaneously?

2) Will I run into issues if they're all writing to the same drive, or if I want to watch (and time-shift) one of them?

3) Is there any advantage to getting the FusionHDTV5 Gold vs. Lite if my primary goal is just to record HD? My understanding of the differences is basically that the gold comes with a remote, some DVD authoring software, and a better-quality NTSC encoding chipset. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any/all help. Particularly enjoy hearing from people with 3 (or more!) cards up and running in their system.

cheers,

Dave

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Hrm... yes they will all physically co-exist. And the Fusions should stack correctly (they were designed to). I've run a Fusion and a MyHD in the same box, just never 2. You should also be able to write 3 to a drive or write 2 and read 1. I thought the Gold had 2 inputs vs. the Lite's single input (important if you want both OTA and QAM on the Fusion card.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Does anyone know if the Avermedia 180's can stack in one box yet? I haven't seen an update on it yet. I might ditch the 180's and get 2 Fusions.

·
Registered
159 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.