AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finishing up a whole house renovation. I want to put a single tv outside overlooking fire pit and two tvs in a single room (facing each other on opposing walls). I would like these 3 tvs to be controlled by one box. Bonus if I can add a 4th tv controlled by same box. My cable provider is Brighthouse. I am ok with all 3 or 4 tvs being on same channel as they will only be used for parties.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Seems like a lot of work for little payback.

You can set up a Windows 7 PC to decrypt Cable (up to 32 channels at once) and then "stream" to up to 6 TV's in the same house over the home network, and they all can be on different channels, or the same, and completely independant from each other.

And all you need is a single Cat5e to each TV.

A lot more efficient, and useful than having all this work done and only be able to watch the same program on all the TV's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can HDMI be run that far? The patio I want a tv on is approximately 80 feet away. Forgive me if that is a dumb question I know nothing about this stuff.

To answer the question of a lot of work for little payoff (only being able to watch one channel) I don't need to be able to on these TVs as these will only be used for poker parties.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canedriver  /t/1472705/multiple-tvs-controlled-by-one-box#post_23320338

Can HDMI be run that far? The patio I want a tv on is approximately 80 feet away. Forgive me if that is a dumb question I know nothing about this stuff.

To answer the question of a lot of work for little payoff (only being able to watch one channel) I don't need to be able to on these TVs as these will only be used for poker parties.

HDMI over Ethernet can be run to the max length of the particular Ethernet standard. I am pretty sure you will need to run double Cat6/Cat5e to each location to get HDMI signal transmission.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts