AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to connect my Xbox to an S-Video input (TV) for everyday playing, and a component video input (Projector) for every now and then playing. Is there some sort of switch box available that will let me do this? I already have the Advanced and HD A/V packs, I just hate having to unplug one and connecting the other.

Thanks,

·
Registered
702 Posts
I too have this problem. Post if/when you ever find anything. The thing you can do it to use something that can downconvert the component to svideo. My kenwood receiver will upconvert svideo to component, but unfortunately won't go the other direction. So that's not that useful for this situation.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Folks,

Well, I built one. :) It is almost perfect, but I am not getting DD/DTS out when in the SVideo mode. DD/DTS works great in Component mode. For my box I used a coax out instead of the Optical, and it works great.

I have a scaler which I leave in the Component mode and use my Denon to switch between the XBox and the DVD player as it feeds the projector. The S-Video and RCA's feed the TV for "low tech mode." The XBOX does reset itself when you switch modes, but that's fine, you have to stand up and push the switch anyway.

I plan on trying to fix the DD/DTS issue tonight. One I get that issue worked out, I can tell others how to build an AV pack to do the same.

Wolfman1138

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.