AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current configuration for the HDTV-Directv and UHF needs a little adjustment. I'm just not sure what is the best approach. I'm hoping you all can give me advice on what might be the best approach to the following setup.

I have an 18" DSS dish, UHF antenna, DTC-100, SAT-HD100, diplexors, 4x4 multiswitch, 5x4 powered multiswitch (Eagel/Aspen(?) 4x4 with built-in diplexor) and tons of cable, splitters, etc.

I'm thinking I want diplexed lines going to each receiver, but the UHF antenna is where I'm thinking I'm going to have problems. If I split the feed before sending to the two diplexors I'll need to boost the signal before the split, right? Is there a way I can use the diplexor before going to the multiswitch? What are the options for boosting the antenna signal?

From what I've seen the diplex step must happen after the mutliswitch using a UHF feed that has been split. I just have a feeling I'm going to need a more powerful antenna...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here's what you do install the uhf antenna power amp and power supply at the uhf/vhf in of the multiswitch then this will boost your signals to the sat hd box. That's what I did. And if you have a uhf antenna the best to purchase for an amp is the Titan 7775.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So boost it before the multiswitch, huh? Thanks, It sounds good to me. I haven't tried that yet, but I will.

I've just got two amps, one rat shack, and one rca, both seem to have a 13db gain. Where can the titan be found?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here's where you can get the Titan 7775.

If you live in the L.A. area Frye's sells them but do call first cause alot of times their out of stock. Pace electronics in Chatsworth, CA. tel # 888-805-6622 ask for

Jennifer Ramos , they are the local dealer for all Channel Master products. Tell her I recommended you. Or I found also very good deals visit these sites: http://www.starlink-dss.com or http://www.orbistat.com

The Titan is one of the best pre-amps made. You won't go wrong.

Have a good one!

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
136 Posts
Jeff,

Just wondering did you say you had a 4x4 eagle aspen or 5/4

multiswitch. You need to clarify because the 4x4 I think doesnot have an antenna uhf/vhf input. You have to get a splitter and double diplexers to install a seperate uhf antenna with the Eagle aspen 4x4 multiswitch. Visit this site : http://www.starlink-dss.com/4x4.html this site has a diagram for the 4x4 eagle aspen multiswtch, how to combine

a uhf ant with this multiswitch. If you do have this model just place the feed from ant power supply before the splitter. But if you have the Eagle Aspen 5/4 powered multiswitch that has the uhf/vhf input on the multiswitch then same thing install before the ant input of the multiswitch. Just wanted to clarify on what model you have.

------------------

PeterDz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.