AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local PBS station went on the air about a week ago with a very strong digital signal. The station transmits four separate multiplexed video streams including one HD channel,usually a loop from the National PBS network. When it is 'error' free,the PQ is superb-however the image randomly breaks up and starts showing one of the other video streams,a 480i image. This can happen every minute or so down to 30 minutes without breakup. I am using a Sony HD 100 for reception which works fine on D**E programs especially HD.

The problem OTA channel has a strength of 98% usually with about a 1% variation due ,I think,to tree branches which I intend to 'truncate'. Anyone else notice this happening on multiplexed OTA stations ? Is it possibly multipath or a receiver problem ? I have pre-ordered an HD 300 so will be very interested to see if the same problem exists !:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
It sounds like a problem with transmission rather than reception. One HD plus one SD channel is the maximum for multichannel broadcasts. Even that can cause some degradation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.