AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends.. I would like to get a multipurpose HTPC in my media room.

- play 3d blue ray disc

- connect the audio and video to my receiver 7.1( i am using 3d hd projector and screen)

- play digital format files including 3d

- As part of my hobby i need to use same system for audio and video editing and need to connect the audio out to my mixer for karaoke song practice

So please advice how can I have a good HTPC as mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Check your audio and video editing software and see what the hardware equipment requirements are.

Any new computer that has a PCI-e slot and can use a newer GPU should do the trick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmoderndesign  /t/1525295/multipurpose-htpc#post_24554993

Check your audio and video editing software and see what the hardware equipment requirements are.

Any new computer that has a PCI-e slot and can use a newer GPU should do the trick

do i need to consider any other things for htpc.

·
Registered
545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanucalicut  /t/1525295/multipurpose-htpc#post_24555178

do i need to consider any other things for htpc.

Not really.

The requirements for audio/video editing should outweigh the requirements for 3D BD Playback. (CPU, RAM)

I would assume a video card (GPU) is needed, so you would probably need a full height case, rather than slim.

(there are exceptions, of course)

The GPU will dictate the size of the PSU needed.

The only other part of the equation is how much Storage, and I/O devices (keyboard, mouse, remote)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your reply.. which front end is good. i dont want to use browser for youtube and others. any front end is coming with apps like media player. what is the best way to edit the meta data

·
Registered
545 Posts
It all depends what you like.

You can start by checking out this thread that showcases what some are using:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1505076/htpc-front-end-shootout-show-us-your-eye-candy

On my HTPC, I prefer running MB2 (MediaBrowser 2) out of WMC, and I anticipate that I will switch to MB3 once that is out of Beta.

There are quite a few plug-ins for each. I can't say anything about apps.

Many others like XBMC.

Many of the front-end programs are free, so you can play with different ones before you settle on what you like.

There are some good setup guides (with screenshots) at Assassin's Blog http://assassinhtpcblog.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts