AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems receiving OTA HD stations in Memphis. I have a new home and a structured wiring closet which gives me great flexibility in how to receive various signals. I have a RS roof antenna with a RS pre-amp (7775)and a rotor. I split my OTA signal to a Sony HD 200, Samsung 151 and a RCA DTC 100. I also have a triple LNB dish that feeds 5 TIVOs thru 2 cascadable multiswitches (i get excellent reception by the way).

My question is would i get a better OTA HD signal by using the OTA input om my multiswitches and then diplexing at the TV/reciever location? Would doing this affect my satellite signal? I have cable going thru separate cables and splitter.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Putting the antenna thru the multi switch would degrade the signal to some degree.

Your satellite signal will probably be affected, but to a much smaller degree.

You would be better off feeding the OTA antenna signal thru a regular splitter and just feed the locations that need it with their own dedicated home run cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.