AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a long time DTV subscriber and I have just added a Dish 6000 to my setup. ($100 after rebate was too good to pass up). I do not plan on adding additional Dish receivers but perhaps more DirecTV ones. I have the following gear:

2 complete 8900/Para Todos kits (one is installed)

2 round single LNB dishes (DTV)

1 Dish 6022 kit from Dish USA (not here yet, should be here by Friday.

The question is what parts do I need to buy? and how do I hook them up? I have looked here:

http://www.geocities.com/dbs_tech/dishes/dsa8900e.htm

but the setups that might work look too complicated. I'd like to only use two dishes, the oval I already have installed and one of the round ones for 61.5. Can anyone help me? I already have a lot of parts, I hope I don't have to buy too many more.

--Rick

[This message has been edited by ricka (edited 04-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ricka (edited 04-11-2001).]

·
Registered
396 Posts
Rick,

I am in exactly the same boat. I have DirecTV HD now with the oval dish and I want to add a DISH 6000. I think the easiest approach would be config #8A on the web page you have above. This would only require one more dish for 61.5, two splitters, and anothe LNB for 110. Let me know what you decide to do! I may start putting this thing up this weekend - weather permitting.

Larry

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Larry,

I decided that the easiest way to do this was to put up both dishes. Not sure what my wife is going to think of the Antenna Farm but I suppose she will have to learn to live with it.

--Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.