Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am fed up with my current 2x8 non-powered mechanical switch and I am going to replace it.

I have an oval dish feeding non-plus IRD's. Currently I feed my plus IRDs directly off of the 4 port mutliswitch that came with my oval dish. The non-plus IRDs are running through that crappy switch from my round dish.

I want to run all of my IRDs off of my oval dish. So, if I run all four leads from the dish into a 5X8 switch will all of my IRDs work OK.

I'm looking at the JVI 35-TR5822 and the Spaun SMS-5801 NF. Are both of these solid state? I've read that solid state is much better than mechanical. They have a pretty large pricing difference between them. Anyone know why ? One the surface they seem pretty similar.

Looking for suggestions and validation to my set-up.

Thks as always !!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
i have the JVI 5x8 (marketed as trunkline sometimes), and have had no problems with it to date. it is solid state (to my ears, anyway).

spaun apparently has a much longer/stronger reputation in the field, but you're definitely paying for it.

i don't think there are many feature differences between the two, though it is entirely possible that the spaun has a smaller insertion loss, or that it amplifies (more) signals more cleanly, etc.

dinesh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply !

Have you experienced any pixelizing or scattering with the TrunkLine ?? That's what my current switch is doing...

Thks... !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.