AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I remember someone asking a while back about multi-zone playback. Anyone still interested?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Absolutely. I've researched all of the available PC-based solutions and have concluded that, short of buying a VERY expensive program designed for playing music in restaurants, there is no PC-based solution for acheiving SYNCHRONIZED sound in all zones using software music players. My solution has been to use a standard analog multizone preamp and simply route the music from an instance of MJ to it, and then use it to control playback in each zone. Adjusting the playlist requires some sort of remote solution for controlling the software; I likely will use NetRemote or another WiFi based remote.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
That is why MJ stays my player of choice... Even the oddball stuff gets in there...

I dont know what you think about the remote issue I suggested in the thread but that strikes me as one of your more elegant ways of going about multizone control (which does open up a whole new can of worms I agree)...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.