Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya folks,

Interesting that this movie has separate discs for Full Screen and Widescreen. Found out about it when my wife picked up a copy this weekend.

Without looking at the label, we loaded it into the htpc. I noticed right away that the image was zoomed in and the characters unnaturally short and wide. Immediately, I figured it to be a full screen. Looked at the package and that what it says.

Went to the store and replaced it with a widescreen version.

Why they didn't simply put both on the same disc escapes logic. Must be $$.

Thanks,

Errol

·
Registered
104 Posts
AYEEEEEE.... I think I did the same thing..... I haven't watched it yet... but I did open it.... Best Buy better take it back and let me get the widescreen...

I do remember seeing fullscreen on it somewhere....

how moronic and confusing can they make it!

Brooks

·
Registered
409 Posts
My girlfriend bought "The Mummy Returns" in Full Screen from Colombia House. When she pre-ordered it there was no mention of what ratio it was. Without looking at the front cover I opened and popped it in my DVD player to watch in on my widescreen. Imediately we noticed that there was something wrong with the picture quality. I then noticed that we got a Full Screen verison.

I took my copy of the DVD to Best Buy and without hestitation or the receipt they replaced it with the widescreen version. It did cost me $2.00 more, the difference in cost between wide and full screen. I spend about $200 a month on DVDs. Best Buy will now be getting most of my business.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi ya folks,

I returned mine to Costco.

They don't have the widescreen version so I went to Target.

Target has the full screen for $19.99. The widescreen is $2 less ($17.99). Go figure.

Thanks,

Errol

·
Registered
393 Posts
By accident I had purchased the full screen version at BB and didn't realize it until actually watching the movie. Took it back and exchanged it for the widescreen version. Much better PQ.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Yea, I went to my local video rental place...and they had about TEN DVD copies of "The Mummy Returns", and ...yup, you guessed it. ALL ten copies were marked FULL SCREEN version. Wouldn't you think maybe one or two out of ten might be ordered in widescreen? Nope. Well, at least they are getting "with it" by stocking more and more (higher percentage of DVD's than before).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.