AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am interested in hearing what others on this site think about this, and the changes we will see if any?

·
Registered
17,698 Posts
Technically, he only aquired the GM/Hughes portion, a little over 20% of the pie. This means he has 3 out out of about 12 seats on the executive board. He's not going to be able to make too many radical descisions on his own - the other board members have a say, as well, and they have greater numbers.

Honestly, I can't see how anyone can really have an opinion on how this will affect DirecTV and it's service until he actually starts making his portion of descisions. No one except Rupert knows what Rupert has in mind. I think we need to take a wait and see attitude to find out what will happen before anyone does anything drastic.

·
Registered
17,698 Posts
He seems to like PVRs - one of his other broadcast holdings already offers one. As far as HDTV, he claims that it will "be a priority" on HDTV. However, nothing is cemented yet as far as what he means by that. I would guess he would also make getting more local markets on DTV would also be a priority so more people can get the Fox locals without cable or antennas. That's they only guess I'm willing to throw out there, though. The man definitely has a mind of his own - and when he wants something, he goes after it until he gets it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.