Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you LD guys, and girls :)

As maybe some of you knows I got a HLD-X9 some time ago to my NTSC disc's. But recently I have thought about maybe get some Muse ld's to the new CRT I will buy next year.

So I want to know what titles that have superb picture, better than dvd and what titles to stay away from. So please let me know!

Cheers from Sweden

-Mattias-

:D

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Hi,

I can tell you that T2 and Cliffhanger are not worth it: on a D-ILA system, the DVDs are better.

Twins is bad also, but the DVD is 4:3, so...

However, on a CRT, the result might be different: digital projectors show defects with analog sources like MUSE which can be smoothed out by CRTs.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Mattias, I only have 10 Muse LDs. Some I got because the price was very favourable. The non-movie stuff generally looks really terrific.

I have THE SONG OF AFRICA and FISHFACE (Okinawa Underwater). These look spectacular. FISHFACE is my fav. The fish are set to classical music snipets. DVDs don't look this good! SONG OF AFRICA show wild animals doing what they do set to music. Brian loaned me CHERRY BLOSSOMS, it doesn't look quite as good and should win an award for dullest video ever shot.

THE MOVIES:

1. JURASSIC PARK- has a few colour shifts that make skin tones look too green momentarily. Other than that, it blows away the mediocre DVDs. Recommended!

2. STARGATE- This one blows away the non-anamorphic DVD. It is the original theatrical cut. Get it!

3. CHAPLIN- has compression errors in 2 or 3 places that look a little funny. Besides that it looks better than the DVD. Recommended!

4. LEGENDS OF THE FALL- has more of the green-tint shifts than JP. They're a bit annoying. Besides that it looks better thn the DVD. If-y?

5. UNIVERSAL SOLDIER- The film is badly shot I think. The movie is retarded me thinks! The disc looks OK though. Can U stand to watch it?

6. BUGSY- The first Muse release shows it. It has motion artifacts in places. Brian sez these are caused by excessive compression. It looks great in places, poorly in other scenes. There is no DVD currently. I'd wait on a DVD.

7. BASIC INSTINCT- It's the worst Muse disc I've seen. The opening bedroom scene and subsequent police investigation in that room are over-run with red noise. The DVDs are much better. Forget it! Some scenes, the outdoor scenes mainly, look better than the DVDs, but this one is way too spotty.

8. Bram Stoker's DRACULA- Very average. The upcoming Super Bit DVD will proably look much better. Nothing looks real bad about this one, but nothing looks real good either. If-y?

I'm getting CLIFFHANGER and BACK TO THE FUTURE soon. I could fill you in on them later. Brian sez that E.T. and A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT are great lookers. E.T. is hard to get and expensive to the max, apparently. Be very selective about which Muse discs you get. Many are not worth the trouble or expense. Best wishes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.