AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've been, what I feel is wrongly, accused of leading the Duet charge, I'll be the one to kick off the call to a truce. As far as I'm concerned these are both GREAT products. As the keeper of a nearly 5,000 CD collection, I just can't tell you how great it is to plop myself down in the listening chair and put that kind of library at my fingertips. Between the CDs I've ripped to FLAC and online libraries like Rhapsody, Sirius, et al, it is a glorious time to be a music lover. No more getting up to change a CD every time I feel like going from VU to Bowie to Heads to...you name it!! I can listen to Jazz from Paris (the way it should be listened to) and House from London.

Since both of these products get us to this glorious place, let's celebrate what they have in common, not what separates them. Sure, since we are all on the front-lines of this thing...early adopters I think they call it...it makes sense that we share experiences and maybe try and help those looking to make a decision as to which product will suit them best. But why don't we try to keep it above-board, sharing positive experiences about our own product, and keeping negative perceptions about the other guy to a minimum.

Peace and music,

CD

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephanthead /forum/post/14178887

Modded Xbox declares war on you both!

LOL... I hear good things about XBMC, but talk about geeky; isn't the mod supposed to be a little tricky? Still, if you can pull it off, it's supposed to have great interfaces for both music and video. How's codec support; will it play almost anything you throw at it?

CD

·
Registered
281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner /forum/post/14178669

Peace and music,

+1

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner /forum/post/14179938

LOL... I hear good things about XBMC, but talk about geeky; isn't the mod supposed to be a little tricky? Still, if you can pull it off, it's supposed to have great interfaces for both music and video. How's codec support; will it play almost anything you throw at it?

CD

XBMC has the broadest codec support of any media player... In case anyone wants to see the currently supported list.

http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Supporte..._audio_codecs:

Sean

·
Registered
11,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts