AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use an MCE computer as my music server using lossless rips connected to my theater's receiver located out of sight in the back of the theater.

I've successfully connected a laptop using Microsoft's remote desktop to control the server, but the audio comes out on the laptop rather than the server computer!

Any ideas on how to solve this? I feel so close to what I want my system to do...

·
Registered
931 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark /forum/post/0

I use an MCE computer as my music server using lossless rips connected to my theater's receiver located out of sight in the back of the theater.

I've successfully connected a laptop using Microsoft's remote desktop to control the server, but the audio comes out on the laptop rather than the server computer!

Any ideas on how to solve this? I feel so close to what I want my system to do...

In the remote connection client there is a setting for where to play the audio. The default is to bring it to the remote computer, but you can play it at the host.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.