AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What music services (not DVD) are you using to purchase CD's now that BMG is gone?

Are there any music services available or does everyone buy retail/internet?

(I know many are now downloading music, but I still like to purchase CD's)

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
I think that whole model is just outdated. The internet made mail order just obsolete. There is just no need to pay full price anymore to get discount on the next one, and one doesn't have to make commitments to buy in the future.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I used to belong to yourmusic.com. It appears to still be in business, although I have no idea how long it will last. CD's are generally all $6.99 each. They use a subscription model where you create a queue of CD's you want and each month they send you the CD at the top of the queue. You can buy other CD's anytime. When I joined a few years ago, they had a lot of SACD's (Elton John, Bob Dylan...etc) and I got as many as possible. I never had any problems with them but I ran out of CD's I'm interested in.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillcup /forum/post/16956672

I used to belong to yourmusic.com. It appears to still be in business, although I have no idea how long it will last. CD's are generally all $6.99 each. They use a subscription model where you create a queue of CD's you want and each month they send you the CD at the top of the queue. You can buy other CD's anytime. When I joined a few years ago, they had a lot of SACD's (Elton John, Bob Dylan...etc) and I got as many as possible. I never had any problems with them but I ran out of CD's I'm interested in.

Thanks. Yeah, I now it is "Old School" but so am I.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have got an amazon prime membership, you can just download prime music to your CD with the help of Tunelf Amatune Music Converter. Once downloaded to your computer as MP3 or other widely-used formats, you can then burn those converted amazon music to your CD or any other devices for offline listening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts