AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noted that the 10/29 broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word in SLC was in HD! However, I don't know whether to laugh or cry, because the sound was only Stereo and not the usual DD5.1.

Interestingly, this broadcast was filmed from the normal Tabernacle, so I wonder if they have carted the cameras and equipment from the Conference Center or are equipping the Tab. with HD equipment from now on???

-Jon

·
Registered
180 Posts
jon,

I have a buddy that's been getting up and watching/listening to it for about a month or so now, every week in HD/DD 5.1. I watched part of conference in HD and it looked amazing. Alas, the spoken word is way too early for me, 9 a.m. is MUCH too much to ask for me. As far as i know they are carting the cameras out there (or perhaps carting some over from KSL)

To my knowledge it's supposed to come in 5.1 every week and is planned on continuing its stunning HD format.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
i watch music and the spoken word every sunday for over a month, but i missed it this week because i sent my decoder to panasonic to get the modifications done. it always has been in 5.1 and hd. i good way to start off my sunday!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CORRECTION:

Music and the Spoken Word has been in 5.1 for some time now--this I know because I too have tuned it in for the past 6 months...

But the broadcast has NOT been in HD (except when in the Conference Center). Up till this past broadcast, it has been in 16:9 SD (the same stuff KSL uses for news, etc.).

-Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.