AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pure music streaming unit, which has a bigger screen than the usual one line Slim devices. Ideally it would be almost like an ipod's display, yet totally dependant on an existing server which allows more than one of these connections.

I would prefer to have the unit hard wired.

Thanks.

Andrew.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJSG /forum/post/0

I'm looking for a pure music streaming unit, which has a bigger screen than the usual one line Slim devices. Ideally it would be almost like an ipod's display, yet totally dependant on an existing server which allows more than one of these connections.

I would prefer to have the unit hard wired.

Thanks.

Andrew.

Hi again Andrew,

How about a Sonos device. They are supposed to be good, is hardwired/wifi and have a wonderful little remote control with screen.

Expensive though...

Have just read about them, but never tried it.

M.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meenenator /forum/post/0

Hi again Andrew,

How about a Sonos device. They are supposed to be good, is hardwired/wifi and have a wonderful little remote control with screen.

Expensive though...

Have just read about them, but never tried it.

M.

Now you have explained how to use the ReadyNAD there is no point in having a Streamer of any kind. I can simply use a hidden TViX feeding a 7.5" (20cm) LCD Television, you can get them so cheaply and they are so thin that they can be easily integrated into a cupboard door (kitchen or living room). All you do then is feed the audio signal to a hidden amplifier and through to some in-ceiling speakers....

·
Registered
539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJSG /forum/post/0

Now you have explained how to use the ReadyNAD there is no point in having a Streamer of any kind. I can simply use a hidden TViX feeding a 7.5" (20cm) LCD Television, you can get them so cheaply and they are so thin that they can be easily integrated into a cupboard door (kitchen or living room). All you do then is feed the audio signal to a hidden amplifier and through to some in-ceiling speakers....

LOL...

*smack* solved two issues in one day. Time for a beer!

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenW /forum/post/0

Take a look at the SMC EZ-Stream:

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-audi...-31548231.html

I picked one up for under $50. Works flawlessly with any media server.
http://www.smc.com/files/AJ%5CDS_SMCWAA-G.pdf

Found this, but nowhere does it say how many lines of text it will display, which is my priimary problem with most streamers.

That is why I was very excited about being told that the Infrant work will with the TViX...because all you need is a small screen such as the following:

http://www.allcam.biz/catalog/produc...products_id=53

...and that's it...good thing is that if you really want to "listen" to a TV program in the kitchen you still can...

·
Registered
429 Posts
It displays 4 lines of text, on which it displays ID3 info like song title, Artist, Album and Time playing. On the side there are level meters for volume and wireless signal strength.

On the bottom of the display there are icons for EZ Stream functions (Shuffle, Connecting\\Lookup, etc).

I'm using it with Twonky Media Server, which enables you to totally tweak the menu you get on the SMC device. Sound quality is very good also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.