AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out how to transfer my music over from the phone to the hard drive. I've read you can do it with ipods and it is actually listed as in input device in accessory settings when plugged in. All it seems to do is charge it and doesnt' find it when searching for a media server

*edit*

how can I find my comp as a media server when setup on a wired router? i'd like to be able to share between the 2 but have no clue on how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucl3arboNg /forum/post/15449828

Trying to figure out how to transfer my music over from the phone to the hard drive. I've read you can do it with ipods and it is actually listed as in input device in accessory settings when plugged in. All it seems to do is charge it and doesnt' find it when searching for a media server

You'd have to set it to DFU (Disk For Use) mode. It's easier to do on iPods because they are used as a hard drive. iPhone's are partitioned making it harder and not worth the doing.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jremy510 /forum/post/15450151

iPhones cannot be used as storage disks the way other iPods can be. The music transfer is pretty much 100% one-way.

That's not entirely true. If you jailbreak your iPhone, you can use an app (openSSH) that allows you to move files to and from the phone.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gave up on trying to use the iphone for music transfer. how do I setup my comp to find it as a media server on my ps3? I got the ps eye now so also would like to send pics/clips to my computer.

thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts