AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
Wow, you sure are putting together a top notch system. Yes, I've read of many posters who love their musical fidelity gear and see a lot of it for sale used. Even new, you can find some good deals over at audiogon, but you're in the Phillapines, right? So, that probably wouldn't be the best option. Reviews of their gear appears almost monthly in Stereophile, but, again, they spend a lot on advertising there, so who knows... For what it's worth, I hear better feedback on Rogue preamps. You might want to check out audioreview.com on both. My opinion is that it wouldn't be worth the money over what you already have. Read thisi thread. I think someone who owned musical fidelity chimes in. I would recommend it only if you had a need for a phone preamp/headphone jack, both of which I think it has.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I am from the Philippines... I was geared on Rotel but was offered a slightly used set (about 1 year old) 2 - A3.2 amps and a pre-amp for $2,400. Do not know if it is worth it or good for that matter. Will be using them to drive 803's

· Registered
845 Posts
Every month(pretty much) Stereophile reviews one MF product or another.

· Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Yeah, tell me about -> Stereophile has printed sooooo many MF reviews to make one sick -> you'd think MF was the only company on the planet making equipment. That said, I like MF gear and it is a great value. Kudos to the MF crew for making affordable audiophile components that soud good, look good, and are well built.

$2400 seems like a very good price for 2 A3-CR amps & A3-CR pre.

Check in at http://www.audiogon.com to verify what the going rate is on stuff.

- Andy

· Registered
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by doodleboytoy
How is the A3.2 amp vs. rotel 1080 amp if i use it to drive 803's? any experience?
The MF amp is class A and sounds really nice and clear on the 803. Good compliment for each other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.