AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a T2i for myself and my Mother, but I'm starting to get into the groove of shooting and wanting accessories. First up I'll tell you what I own right now:

-EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR Kit w/ EF-S/18-55 IS

-Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 EFS IS LENS

-Canon Starter Kit:

A Canon 200DG Deluxe Gadget Bag for storage and protection

An extra LP-E8 battery pack so you can enjoy extended shooting time

A Mini-HDMI cable so you can connect to a television for larger screen viewing of your images and videos

-Hoya 67mm Ultraviolet UV(0) Haze Filter

-Hoya 58mm Ultraviolet UV(0) Haze Glass Filter

-Delkin Devices Snug-It Pro Skin

-SanDisk Extreme SDHC Card (16Gb, Class 10)

Some things i know i already want but need specific recommendations:

1-Lens hood: What brand? Are there styles? Will it fit both my Lenses?

2-Tripod

3-Shotgun Microphone: Currently it looks like "the" one to buy is the "Rode VideoMic Directional Video Condenser Microphone w/Mount" however I'm slightly inclined to want the smaller version: "VideoMic Pro Compact Shotgun Microphone" but I'm curious if because of its smaller size, you lose performance compared to the standard one?

4-I have read that because of the T2i's size (small) its nice to own the battery grip. I was curious is one brand battery grip better than the rest? Is the Canon brand one "the" one to buy?

5-I have read about Macro photography, where you take a picture super up-close to something (like a bug) and it makes it (the bug) look huge while on a leaf. I was curious how do you do that? Do you need a special lens? When i zoom in/get that close to something small, i cant focus on it.

6-Flash unit

I know the T2i doesn't have auto focus when recording video (which sucks), so I'm curious how do you guys combat that?

And lastly if there's anything I've missed that you think is a "must have", feel free to inform me of it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.