AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK with the special this week [05/13/07] at 'Best Buy' of four free in the store along with {what I can only assume can also get} the five free direct from Toshiba... Totalling 9 HD-DVD's with purchase...

What would you say is the "FIRST" HD-DVD that is currently on the market should I get to "WOW THE OTHER HALF" as to why you spent another $500+ on the A/V system when they still have a 700mhz computer for web surfing....

--David

PS: the other half's favorite movies are the "Brandon Fraser Mummy's" and 'Twister' {Which was the 2nd DVD we purchased back in the fall of '98' with our first Toshiba DVD player which I paid more than $500 for then...}

· Premium Member
1,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEC /forum/post/0

OK with the special this week [05/13/07] at 'Best Buy' of four free in the store along with {what I can only assume can also get} the five free direct from Toshiba... Totalling 9 HD-DVD's with purchase...

What would you say is the "FIRST" HD-DVD that is currently on the market should I get to "WOW THE OTHER HALF" as to why you spent another $500+ on the A/V system when they still have a 700mhz computer for web surfing....

--David

Personal faves from my collection are:

1. Hulk (PQ)

2. Poseidon (AQ) TrueHD

3. The Thing (PQ)

4. King Kong (PQ & AQ)

5. Batman Begins (AQ) TrueHD

6. U-571 (PQ & AQ)

7. Backdraft (PQ & AQ)

8. Children of Men (PQ)

9. Constantine (AQ) TrueHD

Again, those are my personal picks, even though I'm sure some won't agree with me, those are some of the most appealing in my collection.

· Registered
593 Posts
If the other half is into 1. Westerns: The Searchers 2. SciFI-action movies: Pitch Black 3. Good oldies: The adventures of Robin Hood 4. Big Budget recent action movies: King Kong or Batman begins.

Enjoy!

· Registered
14 Posts
You should get the 2 Mummy movies for your wife, which are suppose to have excellent picture and sound. And then 2 other movies that you want to get for you. That is what I would do if I were you.

· Registered
6,155 Posts
Phantom of the Opera, if she's into that sort of film. Others are King Kong, Chronicles of Riddick, Batman Begins, Superman Returns, World Trade Center. Oh yeah, and by the sounds of it, The Matrix trilogy!

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobagooch /forum/post/0

You should get the 2 Mummy movies for your wife, which are suppose to have excellent picture and sound. And then 2 other movies that you want to get for you. That is what I would do if I were you.

It seems that most are saying to get 'Batman'

But are you all only looking at the "Free DVD's"??

I am looking for a "DEMO SHOW OFF" HD-DVD

Or does the "Batman" movie show off all the feautres of the HD-DVD format??

--David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.