AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two discs were pre EE, pre-screwed up dialnorm and pre superbit: they are exceptionnal to my little eyes and ears ( on top of that, great B-sci fi et B-action flicks).

it's a feast for the eyes I would say and the dolby 5.1 are excellent in powerful musicality ( I like to sum a great dolby this way ..... when it is ).
http://www.spe.sony.com/movies/screa...ssets/home.jpg

I don't know what videophiles will say but I strongly suggest you check these out. all the superbit diserved mania made want to spin those two again and they stunned me by their quality. I guess I forgot how damn super some dvds "from the past" could look and beat the crap of some recent releases :D ( whatever the studio)
http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo...w_yun_fat3.jpg

The soundtrack of SCREAMERS is stunning: bass, surround envelopement, panning effects, non ADR dialogues, wow! (warning: the highs can be tweeters killers! horns welcomed :D )

RKillers track kicks ass as efficiently! And all that at just 384kbps, the dts guy I am is stunned ggggg. When a mix is gooooood, so is the dolby 5.1 I would say (TPM ld or SPR ld anyone? :D ). A dts track here would tighten the bass a bit more I would say and add even more musicaility but this tracks are 9.5/10 tracks, the dts would raise the bar to 10.5/10 ggggggg

I don't have my superbit discs yet but am anxious too. I would buy the superbit of these two too most probably :D ( aren't we nuts ? )

·
Registered
309 Posts
You're right! the Replacement Killers does rock. I couldn't believe this disk sold for 9.99 cause it really packs a punch. I rented Screamers some time ago and I liked it too. They both should be super bitted(?), and yes we're nuts...It's all about the experience.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Hi David,

Screamers is nice and Replacement Killers DVD looks great. The HDTV version of the Replacement Killers I saw was even better!

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
553 Posts
I just got the RK special edition. The video quality is amazing. This is way up there on the reference list. Has anyone compared the regular edition with the SE to determine if the video of the widescreen version is any different between the two? The SE only contains the widescreen version. Death to Pan&Scan.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
David you find the most obscure reference dvds. Keep it up! :D I have seen both but have not seen them on DVD. Looks like I am going to have to do some renting over Spring Break!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)

don't hit me if COLUMBIA strikes back soon with superbit of both :D

ya never know with those stupid marketing bozzos :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.