AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would ask this question in the 2 Channel Audio forum.....

I have an old pre-amp. It does not have a remote control. One of my inputs to the pre-amp is a Comcast Cable box. I have left and right audio outputs of the Comcast box running to one of the inputs of my pre-amp.

I need to mute the sound during commercials. I see no way to mute the audio coming out of the Comcast box with my Comcast remote. So I guess the solution is to buy something that goes in-line between the output of the Comcast box and the input of the pre-amp......something that I can control remotely to mute the commercials.

I have been poking around the internet for a few days and am surprised that I have not found something. I suspect that I am a few years too late and the "everybody" has a remote control for their pre-amp these days.

That is why I thought of this forum. There must be a number of people on this forum with the same problem.

Please point me to a solution.

Thanks

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbwap  /t/1522308/mute-audio-with-old-pre-amp#post_24475219

I thought I would ask this question in the 2 Channel Audio forum.....

I have an old pre-amp. It does not have a remote control. One of my inputs to the pre-amp is a Comcast Cable box. I have left and right audio outputs of the Comcast box running to one of the inputs of my pre-amp.

I need to mute the sound during commercials. I see no way to mute the audio coming out of the Comcast box with my Comcast remote.

If you have a DVR just wait until the program is 1/3 through, start listening and forward space the commercials... ;-)
Quote:
So I guess the solution is to buy something that goes in-line between the output of the Comcast box and the input of the pre-amp......something that I can control remotely to mute the commercials.

I have been poking around the internet for a few days and am surprised that I have not found something. I suspect that I am a few years too late and the "everybody" has a remote control for their pre-amp these days.

That is why I thought of this forum. There must be a number of people on this forum with the same problem.

Obtain a:

http://www.amazon.com/Uninex-4-Device-S-Video-Selector-Switch/dp/B000MLPJ30/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1394713442

You can forget about the video part of the switch.

Short out all of the inputs but one, and hook that to the output of the preamp. Hook the output to the power amp.

http://www.weisd.com/ProductView.php?PN=NTT46B

That's the basic idea. I don't know how any of the many different such things work out in detail, but the investment at risk is minimal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!. That is the kind of thing I was looking for. I had not run across the one you pointed out. It is in the right price range, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts