AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally have found a solution that lets me play any song in any part of the house with a decent remote control for each zone.

I just downloaded the latest IRemote ( www.mcmajeres.com ) and support for unlimited number of zones has been added. A single remote running on 802.11 connected PocketPC can control an unlimited number of winamp copies, each tied to a different output of the 410. It even starts up each copy of winamp with the right parameters so that the output goes to the right card. It does not get much better than this!!! The interface is not 'great', but it is good enough for me to be very happy with my HP Jornada PocketPC and winamp.

My setup is an M-audio on my HTPC, Winamp 2.80 (just one copy installed), the outputs go into an AudioAccess multi-zone preamp (matrix switcher) and then into a multi-zone amp (sonance sonamp 1250). I have an HP PocketPC on 802.11 with IRemote installed. Mark Majeres from IRemote will add in the next release a 'Party' mode so that all zones can play the same song synchronized. I can already do this through the matrix switcher, but I have read that other people dont want to invest on a switcher.

Anyway, life is good...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.