AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AVAILABLE 'MARCH 30' for 1200 MS POINTS.

WOOHOO

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Excellent!!! Bring on the maps!! Is there any more information about this?

And will the maps actually be in rotation, or will we see some of these as often as we see Rust (I've NEVER played a game on Rust to this date).

-JR

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
This is great, for 1200 points I hope this is both of the rumored map packs (new maps plus old favorites) and not one or the other.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Wow, a 3 day window for Silver Level players to get online and play with us this upcoming weekend?

That'll be nuts, I'll finally stop being the lowest rank guy in a server!

-JR

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
Thanks for posting those. I have to say I am a bit disapointed. With all the cool levels from the campaign I would have hoped to see the neighborhood/parking lots (I think they are Spec Ops maps) and the night map from DC

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
well those aren't 100% official, and i guess there are 2 packs planned, each with 2 old and 3 new.

again, nothing is official, this is just the rumors spreading around.

people originally thought those were all fake, but then IW or Activision were going after them trying to figure out where they got them, and take the video/photos down.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I am gonna hold off til we learn of whats next.

I am guessing the next map pack after this will be way better. Because IW promised more than 1 Map Pack like in MW1.

And pretty sure they will be offering, New Game Modes

And weapon Upgrades, like in Story Mode the SCAR, and the AK47 in some parts have a Fore Grip, I would buy that for 100 MS Points.

But but that Unbalances the game play!!!. Not really because, they are items already In the game, and even of you don't buy the extra attachments you can still Pick weapons with them up.

SCAR is probably the best weapon in the game with equal damage to the AK, but its small clip and recoil, make it less desireable. Extended Mags and a Fore Grip, would fix that.

I can't wait.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi /forum/post/18288888

Thanks for posting those. I have to say I am a bit disapointed. With all the cool levels from the campaign I would have hoped to see the neighborhood/parking lots (I think they are Spec Ops maps) and the night map from DC

While I'm not disappointed with the selection I agree, there's so many great locales in the campaign that didn't make it into the multiplayer.

The "Wolverines" level from the campaign especially.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
is it just me, or does "Storm" look exactly like the inside of Wet Works from the COD4 single player campaign?!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi /forum/post/18288888

How can you be disapointed? We're supposedly getting 5 new maps. I don't care were they take place.

Just about all the COD4 maps were great, better than any of the MW2 maps. It's a good thing, that they're remaking COD4 maps along with giving us some new maps.

I'm so bored of the current MW2 maps.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE ONE SIX /forum/post/18289644

is it just me, or does "Storm" look exactly like the inside of Wet Works from the COD4 single player campaign?!

No its not because wet works was a Cargo ship at sea.

Storm is clearly a warehouse with open sky lights, look at the roof.

I just want a Map thats bigger than Creek. And is All Desert like Afghan But no Caves no bunkers or houses, just rocks cliffs mountain side.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
The only one I'm really disappointed in is Overgrown. I could have done without that in CoD 4 and I definitely don't want it now either.
Oh well, I'll take 4 decent to good ones!

Honestly, I would have liked all the maps to be brand new but I know a lot of people wanted some of the CoD 4 maps redone so I can at least understand why they did it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm hoping that this is the map pack I won from the monster energy promotion. I'll find out if and when the code gets sent to my email.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
There's a single player?

And about time. Hopefully all these work for Demolition. Since it's the only game type I like.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Really after all this time of the MW1 maps coming we get Overgrown & Crash? Crash I can agree with.. but Overgrown will be nothing but more camping & sniping. Exactly what this game needs.

MW2 continues to dissapoint. COD7 cant come quick enough.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts