AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi,

I've been visiting these forums for the past several weeks and it helped me a lot in finding a nice budget-level 720p projector. So thanks to the community on that part!

I do have a question which I hope someone here can answer for me:

I've gone out and bought a BenQ TW523 projector, which, as far as I know, is the european designation for the MW523, which in turn seemed to be a slightly enhanced version

of the MW519 which has been discussed extensively on these forums. (I do hate these confusing product-designations...)

For some time I was aiming to purchase the W750 instead, as it got a lot of great reviews online, but that projector was almost €100,- more expensive than the MW523.

And as far as I could guess, performance wise, there wasn't a lot of difference between those models. But I keep on researching since my purchase and am hungry for some

details, I've yet to uncover.

So is there anyone who can add or detract from this?

The main differences between the W750 and the MW523 are:

-16:9 instead of 16:10 (so my MW523 has unused pixels during movie-playback).

-the W750 has 2 hdmi's instead of 1, component-in and 10w speakers.

other than that; they both share resolution, contrast-ratio and lumens-output and seem to share the same menu-options. Though I can't find out if the MW523 has the same

3D-technique under the hood as the W750 (which has the triple-flash).

Does someone have the knowledge of other differences or the 3D-technique between these two projectors?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello,

I´d like to give you an answer to some of your questions. I was also looking for difference between these two projectors and I got an answer from Benq co.

The difference between Benq TW523 and MW523 is unnoticeable. these are both the same projectors, only MW523 has Extremeco regime for the lamp (10000 hours).

Of course the W 750 is completely different projector with 720p, intended for use as home cinema with two hdmi´s and other pros..

Check avforums.com

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
From what I can see, the w750 has a slightly lower claimed brightness while using a higher wattage lamp. This usually indicates better color brightness because the higher wattage+lower lumen model is using a much smaller white segment. Since you're overseas, I'd suggest looking for the newer Benq 720p model that is fully RGBRGB..it's basically a 720p version of the w1070 for a couple hundred less. I'm jealous that it hasn't spread much out of Europe.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Screen which you can achieve on W750 is a bit bigger than on MW523(TW532). I don`t remeber exactly but for my room I could get 100inch on MW523(16:9) and 110inch on W750(16:9). Information (Throw calculator from Benq site)

PS

Sorry for bad english

1 - 4 of 4 Posts