AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an MX-450 and when I add a device, it automatically sets all the pages to device specific functions. Let's say that for a given device, it maps the 6 soft keys to:

FuncA FuncD

FuncB FuncE

FuncC FuncF

The problem I have is that I want to move FuncB to where FuncA is. That would be easy if the device's original remote had a button for FuncB but it doesn't. It is a discrete code but not on the device remote. I cannot figure out if I can move "FuncB" to the location of "FuncA"

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
have an MX-450 and when I add a device, it automatically sets all the pages to device specific functions. Let's say that for a given device, it maps the 6 soft keys to:

FuncA FuncD
FuncB FuncE
FuncC FuncF

The problem I have is that I want to move FuncB to where FuncA is. That would be easy if the device's original remote had a button for FuncB but it doesn't. It is a discrete code but not on the device remote. I cannot figure out if I can move "FuncB" to the location of "FuncA"

Any ideas ?
You can copy/move buttons around inside a device...even pre-programmed buttons.

EDIT: no you can't...that was the only R40 function that wasn't carried over!

·
Premium Member
18,312 Posts
You can copy/move buttons around inside a device...even pre-programmed buttons.
I can't find a way to do that on my MX-450. R40 yes, but not MX-450. From what i can tell, there is no way to move or swap any screen buttons whether on the main page or inside a device.

·
Registered
49 Posts

FuncA FuncD
FuncB FuncE
FuncC FuncF

Any ideas ?

I don't have a MX450 yet but I think I have a solution to your problem. It's actually more of a work-around:

To move FuncB to the location of FuncA
1. Store a copy of FuncB on some other remote that has learning capability.

2. Then use that other remote to teach the MX450 the code (learn FuncB onto the soft-button location that was FuncA)

3. Rename the freshly learned button.

That is how I did it on my URC R50.

·
Premium Member
18,312 Posts
I don't have a MX450 yet but I think I have a solution to your problem. It's actually more of a work-around:

To move FuncB to the location of FuncA
1. Store a copy of FuncB on some other remote that has learning capability.
2. Then use that other remote to teach the MX450 the code (learn FuncB onto the soft-button location that was FuncA)
3. Rename the freshly learned button.
I did the same thing on my MX-450 (and previous R50) but i used my devices' original remotes instead of another learning remote to teach the MX-450.

I didn't like the default placements of any of the screen buttons so i punted and deleted all of them and created my own layout from scratch, with primary commands and activity macros on page 1, and i put secondary commands on page 2 on each device.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did the same thing on my MX-450 (and previous R50) but i used my devices' original remotes instead of another learning remote to teach the MX-450.

I didn't like the default placements of any of the screen buttons so i punted and deleted all of them and created my own layout from scratch, with primary commands and activity macros on page 1, and i put secondary commands on page 2 on each device.

I'm glad you got it worked out. I used that work-around to make use of discreet codes that didn't come with oem remotes.

My URC R50 is dying a slow death from failing buttons, the most-used ones.

I like R50 flexibility and layout so the MX450 looks like the right choice for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts