AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Pioneer VSX-1014TX A/V receiver yesturday and have a question. On the Pioneer, some of the button commands require you to press a "shift" button then the command button. For example, to change the "dialog enhancement" on and off, you have to push "shift" (hold it) and press "dialog E" button.

How can I program this into my MX-500?

Thanx

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Try this,

With your original remote, press and hold shift while its not pointing to the receiver, then (while still holding the shift button) point the remote to the receiver and press "dialog E". If the feature works as it's suppose to, then do the same procedure to program the remote.

· Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, It appears that the Pioneer's "shift" button does NOT send out a command. So it appears that I cannot learn the Pioneer's "shift" button at the moment. :(

· Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after investigating this further, it appears that there are more functions on the Pioneer remote that the Mx-500 cannot learn. I called Home Theater Master and they really could not help. They did say that I could send them both remotes and that they would figure it out. I dunno if it is worth the effort.

This problem is very bizarre :confused:

· Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike.....my MX-500 was purchased thru Surf last year, FYI. Also, I have another remote from another Pioneer A/V receiver that I have, that works with my new Pioneer receiver. With that one, I have had no problems learning everything to the MX-500. In fact, all the stuff I programmed to learn from my other Pioneer receiver, works fine with the new one.

The problem is, the newer Pioneer is a better A/V receiver with more functions, and I am forced to try and learn them from the new Pioneer remote which has not worked well as I already posted.

The VSX-1014TX is a newer receiver, but shares the same remote as the Pioneer Elite 52X. Someone else, has got to be experiencing this as well.

Any other suggestions?

· Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is anyone with a HTM MX-500 having problems learning all the commands from either the Pioneer VSX-1014-TX or Elite 52TX receivers remote?

Thanx

· Registered
73 Posts
Steps:

1. Downloaded a remote control program for my PDA (TV Remote Controller) that accepts Pronto codes... been using it to give discrete codes to the MX-500

2. Used the PDA to learn the THX button from the Pioneer remote

3. Used the PDA as the source for learning the THX button on the MX-500

Success!

· Registered
1,090 Posts
This is nuts...I also have the MX-500 and just got the Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K receiver and ran into the same issue: the MX-500 can't learn the "Receiver Control" functions from the Pioneer AXD7381 remote. I tried teaching to an intermediate remote and so far it looks like that is working.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.