Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I tried to teach MX-500 discrete codes for Power On and Off for Sony TV 36XBR400; I used RS 15-2116 that I have stored those commands on as a “teacherâ€, but I have no luck. RS 15-2116 works good and TV recognizes those command with no problem; MX-500 shows "GOOD" during leaning process but then buttons don't work. I've been fighting with this problem for over 3 days now, I've tried, I think everything, clearing, AUX 155, different buttons, pressing lightly, etc., etc., nothing works. I was able to teach it every other function but none of the discrete codes for my TV. Anybody else has the same problem with MX-500? Or is it just a bad unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Hi,

I just sent you this via email as well:

I haven't heard of that before, especially with a Sony TV. I assume these commands work with the 2116? Usually, just a single push of the button on the remote you're learning from will work (don't hold it down), but it sounds like you've already tried that. Another technique for hard to learn commands is "fluttering" the button on the remote you're learning from.

If you've been able to learn other commands to those buttons and the Sony discretes are the only commands that you can't learn, then there something about those commands that the MX-500 can't handle. You could try giving Home Theater Master a call at 1-800-901-0800 to see if they know anything you could do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.